Sunday, March 10, 2024

Look at all this filming I did

 Yesterday I went out to film the park scene, which makes up the bulk of the film opening. I couldn't get anyone to play the person in the chair who gets bit, so I had my mom do it considering that it's a character who literally just sits there. I was actually lucky because there was some kind of event going on at the park I went to, which allowed my show the crowded parking lots and visualize how popular the place is in the universe of the movie. My methodology for filming the scene was that I would get the scene on the chair first, and then walk around to gather establishing shots afterwards. This is what I ended up doing, however I also got some shots from out the window of my mom's car as we were driving in, allowing me to have some usages of motion. Getting the shots with the chair and the initial mosquito attack went great. The lighting really accentuated the scorching summer heat I was trying to illustrate, and the area where the chair was provided me with a decently lengthy path to run down with phone, getting the mosquito's POV. I got multiple variations of that shot, some with me running in a straight line and others being more erratic. 

 As for the establishing shots, there were a lot of visually interesting places in the park that I was able to capture. What I did was a just walked around and filmed stuff that I thought would look cool. In total, I think I got way more shots than I need, but it's better to have more than less. Here are some of the shots that I got:













No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 It's done. It's finally done. After however many weeks it's been I finally finished the film opening. Here it is! Really proud ...