Thursday, March 7, 2024

Good News and Bad News

  As the title suggests, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I tried filming the weather report scene, and it just didn't work out. I had a friend in my media studies class play the weatherman, and I now know that I need to make sure the people I get to be in this video have some kind of experience or knowledge of acting. I also filmed it outside, and the lighting just wasn't right. I need to film it on a green screen to get the true weather report look. I did begin to make graphics for it though, as you can see here.



 In terms of good news, I got some footage to be used as establishing shots in the very beginning of the film opening. For whatever reason the colors got kind of messed up when I downloaded them on my computer, but I can fix it in editing. I plan to get more shots, but these are three that I have now.





This weekend I plan on getting the footage at the park that makes up the bulk of the film opening. As for reshooting the weather report, I wanted to do it today but couldn't, however I do have a person who I know can act willing to play the weatherman. Possibly Monday we can get the footage using the green screen in my school's TV studio. Because of this delay my whole schedule is going to shift somewhat, but I'm not that concerned considering that I'm a fast editor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 It's done. It's finally done. After however many weeks it's been I finally finished the film opening. Here it is! Really proud ...