Thursday, March 21, 2024

Branding! Branding! Branding!

  Ok I'm basically done with the film opening, and I know that you're dying to see it. Before I show you that though, there's something else I want you to see. I decided that to make my film opening seem more realistic to how actual movies begin, I would create my own studio logo. This was a relatively simple process, although it was somewhat frustrating, given that I'm not the best at graphic design and will never claim to be. Before I designed it, I had to come up with a name. I settled on the name Livewire Studios, which was inspired by one of my favorite song lyrics ("Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire", from the song "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads). Plus I just think it sounds cool. Anyway, for the logo itself, I wanted something with a kind of vintage look. This led to me choosing a 50s style font, with a quirky alternating color scheme and lowercase "i"s in the text. After making the logo in Canva, I downloaded multiple versions of it so I could edit them to be slightly animated in Premiere, as I wanted a quick, snappy animation. For the logo's audio, I searched "electric" on Pixabay and found this VHS start up sound effect, which I thought fit perfectly. All that was left was to add some grain to complete the vintage aesthetic, and bam! There it was!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 It's done. It's finally done. After however many weeks it's been I finally finished the film opening. Here it is! Really proud ...