Monday, February 26, 2024

Editing the Script

 Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic earlier, as I did end up making a number of revisions to the script. Firstly, I changed the weatherman dialogue to just be from one person, and I also made it sound more dry and serious as opposed to the darkly ironic humor I was going for previously. Next I changed the static shots to be from various areas surrounding the park, progressively closing in on it. The specific of upbeat music is to illustrate the lively nature of the park without necessary having to show crowds of people. It's also to create a sense of situational irony compared to what's about to happen. When the music fades out, it gets the audience ready for this shift to a darker tone, highlighting the isolation of the character who is about to become the first victim of the mosquitos. Everything after this point is the exact same, with the death of the man on the bench and the introduction of Todd. The only other things I changed were a few formatting mistakes and typos.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 It's done. It's finally done. After however many weeks it's been I finally finished the film opening. Here it is! Really proud ...